A team of archaeologists was working in Jerusalem.
They found a slab of rock with five figures carved on it.
In order the figures were:
1. A woman
2. A donkey
3. A shovel
4. A fish
5. A star of David
After months of studying the rock and figures on it, one of the archaeologists took the rock and went on a lecture tour.
He said the carvings were several thousands of years old but even so they revealed a lot about the people of that time.
1. The woman being placed first in line indicated that women were held in very high esteem. It was likely a family oriented culture.
2. The donkey indicated they had domesticated animals. They probably used the donkey to till the fields.
3. The shovel showed they were highly intelligent as they knew how to make tools
4. The fish showed they knew how to augment the crops they raised by also reaping from the sea.
5. The Star of David indicated they were a very religious people.
A little old man sitting in the front row finally got the attention of the speaker.
When acknowledged he said,
“I hate to burst your bubble but you’re reading from left to right.
In Hebrew we read from right to left.
That way it reads: Holy mackerel, dig the ass on that woman!”