Watch this Video On Youtube to Support the victim of Bullying
Tapeworm infection can be obtained by consuming raw or under cooked meat of some infected animals.
Inside the intestine of a human, the young formation of the tapeworm caused by the infected meat or larva progresses into an adult tapeworm. Both of the adults and children which contains uncooked pork tapeworm can infect themselves if they have poor hygiene. They can swallow tapeworm eggs that they have picked up with their bare hands while wiping or scratching their anus or the skin near it.
Frequently, tapeworms are located in the large intestines inside the human body but a rare case of a British man who has been diagnosed with tapeworm that has been found inside his brain tissue which puzzled a lot of doctors.
He underwent from a lingering headache for almost a year and none of the medical treatments have given him a relief. At that moment, he goes through an MRI where the doctors have found out the tapeworm inside his brain. What is more surprising is that they have found out that the tapeworm has been living there for almost 4 years now.
The man contains a Sparganosis which is a parasitic infection that was caused by the tapeworm Spirometra erinaceieuropaei. This kind of infection can only be found in cats and dogs where this form can range a shocking length up to a meter and half.
What is the cause?
Although humans can acquire this infection is several ways, still consuming incorrectly cooked pork is the most common way of being infected with this. The type that can be found in incorrectly cooked pork that is known as Taenia Solium can infect humans in the following ways below:
- When you consume incorrectly cooked pork that came from infected pigs. This can lead to taeniasis, an adult worm that lives in the pig’s intestines that can actually affect the human brain in the form of larvae through contact from an infected pig or human. These larvae can affect several numbers of tissues in the body.
- When the larvae touch the nervous system, this can result to the development of severe brain infection which is known as neurocysticercosis. In some cases where the worm attacks the brain, it may lead to epilepsy.
Watch Related Video